Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rain, Rain... stick around:)

I don't mind the rain.   The rain is beneficial to our environment and enjoyment in more ways than one.  It gives all the plants what they need to thrive, and washes away everything that needs washed away.  It also has an uncanny ability to rid the Blue Ridge Parkway of all the traffic, and allows us to experience state parks without any other people:)

Today I set off for Stone Mountain State Park in North Carolina.  It borders the Parkway.  There wasn't a soul at the parking lot, which brought me great joy... I get to hang out in the forest without anyone else:)

Aside from the occasional turtle or fish, I pretty much did have the place to myself.  I really don't know why anyone would be out there, the rain was coming down HARD, hard enough that the rain caused my camera(the Pentax) to lose it's ability to control the lens' aperture.  It was at that point when I decided I should pack it out.  Fortunately I managed a handful of photographs first:)




Mist at Fox Hunter's Paradise

Flourishing Fungus near the trailhead


A windy creek near the path

Middle Falls - Stone Mountain State Park

A raging and muddy Big Pine Creek(shot from a bridge on the parkway)



1 comment: