Thursday, September 27, 2012

Wilson Creek (Grayson Highlands State Park)


There is something about this place...  something totally awesome.   I even feel like a more awesome person when I come here.  I can leave this place and tell people 'I went to the highlands today' and they immediately know that I had a way more badass time then they did.  


Here is a quick double check on what a awesomely awesome park should have, and whether or not Grayson Highlands State Park has what it takes....

EPIC views of the Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee(yes you can see that far) mountains?  Check.
WILD animals, most notably, horses?  Check.
WELL MAINTAINED trails for horses, bikers, and hikers?  Check.
OFF THE CHAIN cascades and waterfalls?  Oh Hell Yes.(our focus for this post)





A classic Virginia view:)

Not too bad of detail for a Pentax k20d + 16-45


As soon as the sun breaks, you are racing it up the creek, trying to get your shots before the rays come in.



Endless cascades on Wilson Creek

Big cascades, watch your step here:)



I'll give you one guess as to how many aperture blades my Sears 135mm has:)  They are painfully straight, as you can see in the bokeh.

1 comment:

  1. All of these are amazing. As always! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete